UPDATE: Office 365 will be coming in 2012.
The current campus calendaring solution, Oracle Calendar, has reached the end of life for support. OIT has identified the Exchange 2010 calendaring features offered for free as part of the Office365 offerings as the replacement solution to serve as the new campus calendaring solution.
Below is a high level overview of the Office 365 project scope and deliverables. If you would liketo review the complete project plan, please download the PDF file at the bottom of the web page.
- Accounts provisioned for all Oracle Calendar participants.
- Training for the use of the Office 365 calendar
- Accommodation for existing\ new resource calendars in Office365
- Pay-for-service movement of calendar items from Oracle Calendar to Office365 calendar. Price is $20 pass through cost for licensing of software to move information.
- Documentation for configuration of most popular mobile devices and email clients.
- Provisioned accounts within Office 365\ OIT Exchange calendaring environment for all Oracle Calendar users.
- Training for end users and support staff.
- Calendar data imported from Oracle Calendar to Office365 calendar for paying\ requesting users.
- Full Project Work Breakdown Structure outlining high\mid-level project steps
- Website with project information, documents and resources related to support for Office365.
Detailed Project Plan
Download complete Office 365 project plan